Day By Day Cartoon


Monday, January 09, 2006

They don't get it

Count me in with Murdoc and DefenseTech.org on this one. The recent flap over injuries and death from "insufficient body armour" is just another incident of legacy media not getting it, something I've noted before.

While I've never had anything more dangerous than paintballs fired at me in anger, even that experience taught me there's no protection like hard cover. A wall or something that stops the rounds headed your way is more valuable than any armoured vest, and the difference a more bulky vest would make in getting behind cover fast would result in even more deaths, if the truth were told.

But that doesn't make for good copy. Weeping mothers talking about how the military let their boy died does. And as long as that takes precendence over the actual story, the legacy media is going to get it wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home