Day By Day Cartoon


Thursday, May 04, 2006

Oh. My.

From The Corner.

"Dear Soft Thinkers of the Left
I am going to save you some time. You no longer need to email me every time I take some position in favor of the War on Terror , the invasions of Iraq or Afghanistan, or in fact any pro-military stance. I now am completely and thoroughly informed that I am a chickenhawk, that it is "easy" to support a war when I don't have to put on a uniform and fight, and that I am a coward who would only sacrifice other people's loved ones. And to save you further time, I am going to expose myself even more. I am a hypocrite and chickenhawk in the War on Crime, as I continue to avoid donning a badge and a gun and busting down doors to catch bad guys, even though I support sending in real police to do the job. I am a complete coward in the War on Fire, because I have never put on a yellow slicker and an oxygen mask to go stand on the front line in the battle against a burning building. And that's while completely admitting that I would be great at squirting the big hose. Additionally, and this is a little painful, I am a loser, hypocrite, chickenhawk, and barely half a man in the War on Weeds. I tried digging them out of my yard, but found I didn't have what it takes, so now I sit in my comfy chair and watch while other people's loved ones put themselves at risk. I'm sorry."

And, for the record, I myself am a hypocrite and a chickenhawk in the War On Bad Beer. I sit back and buy Anchor Steam, Sam Adams and Blue Moon White Ale, and let others risk their lives and the lives of their young ones by trying to home-brew. I'm sorry.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home