Day By Day Cartoon


Monday, January 16, 2006

Shut up. Don't sing.

I just watched George Clooney pull a Vanessa Redgrave on tonight's Golden Globe telecast, and while Will Wheaton may disagree, put me down as one who's tried of hearing actors of all stripes pontificating about politics every time a microphone is shoved in their face.

Look, Will, it's simple. You have a job to do, and that's act in movies, plays, etc., and that's all. If I were to make a comment at my job about the political ramifications of IBM selling it's PC business to a country with a long history of abusing human rights, I'd be fired that day. You, and other actors/musicians/entertainers/whatever CAN do just that, and not get fired. Forgive me if I think you should play by the same rules as the rest of us slobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home